- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Yorktown Man Charged with Serving Alcohol To Minors
A Yorktown man is under arrest, charged with hosting an underage drinking party at his home on February 11.
Yorktown Police say they received a call around 11:20 p.m. from an anonymous person reporting the possible underage drinking party at the home on Old Yorktown Road. Officers responded to the scene and determined that 23 years old Michael Schmidt allegedly allowed three people under the age of 21 to consume alcoholic beverages inside his residence.
Schmidt was arrested and charged with Unlawful Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor at a Residence, a violation. He was released on his own recognizance and is due back in Yorktown Court on March 15.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters