- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Yonkers Attorney Indicted on Grand Larceny Charges
Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore has announced that 54 year old Bruce Mogavero of 41 Longview Drive, Eastchester was arraigned today on Second Degree Grand Larceny charges for allegedly stealing nearly $83,000 from a client's escrow account.
Prosecutors allege that between March 1, 2010 and July 1, 2010, Mogavero, while serving as an attorney for a client in the sale of his apartment located at 485 Bronx River Road in Yonkers, stole $82,700 in his client's escrow account. Officials are also investigating the possibility that other clients may have been victimized .
Mogavero was released on his own recognizance. His next court appearance is September 28.
He faces a maximum sentence of five to fifteen years in state prison if found guilty.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters