- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Westchester Law Enforcement Turns Up Heat on Drug Traffickers
Westchester County is turning up the heat on drug traffickers. Its newly launched effort known as Operation Pressure Point kicked off a week ago, and already officials have seized two kilos of cocaine, a .50-caliber revolver and other handguns, more than $500,000 in cash and a quantity of heroin and marijuana. Westchester's Public Safety Commissioner George Longworth says several police departments from across the County are participating including the Greenburgh Drug and Alcohol Task Force, the North Castle PD and Yorktown PD. The effort's also being spearheaded by the Internal Revenue Service and New York State Police. Said Longworth, "In this collaborative enforcement effort, we are targeting those who traffic large quantities of narcotics as well as those who distribute narcotics from outside the county for sale here in Westchester." Arrests and drug seizures have taken place along several roadways including the Hutchinson River Parkway, I287, and Route 22 in North Castle. In all, 12 suspects have been arrested since last Friday when Operation Pressure Point kicked off. Officials expect to "keep the pressure" on drug dealers and distribution efforts all Summer long.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters