- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Westchester County Legislator to Retire
Westchester County Legislator Martin Rogowsky (D-Harrison) has announced he will not seek re-election.
While he doesn't believe in the proverb "All good things must come to an end," Rogowsky says "One good thing will come to an end this year and that is the honor and privilege I have had to represent the people of Port Chester,Rye Brook and Harrison."
When he retires, Rogorsky will have served almost 13 years as a County Legislator.
Said Rogowsky, "My greatest achievement, by far, ws consolidating the County's 13 sewer districts into one operating account. This resulted in a 50% reduction in the Port Chester sewer tax, a goal I promised to work on in my very first campaign back in 1989."
The news was bittersweet to fellow legislator and Board Chairman Ken Jenkins (D-Yonkers), "Legislator Rogowsky has served this legislature and his district with honor and respect. I join with my colleagues in wishing our friend the best in his retirement and look forward to enjoying these last months with him," said Jenkins.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters