- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Two Arrests Made in White Plains Drug Raid
White Plains Police announced today that arrested two men on narcotics charges following a month-long investigation.
Public Safety Commissioner David Chong says detectives launched an investigation following complaints by residents about suspected drug activity at an apartment at 159 South Lexington Avenue.
After observing the suspicious activity for several weeks, police arrested two suspects as they walked out of the home. They were identified as 20 year old Wilson Miller and 23 year old Devone Byyant.
White Plains Police Emergency Services Personnel then executed a search warrant at Miller's 9th floor apartment and seized 56 packages of crack cocaine, small amounts of powder cocaine, ecstasy pills, marijuana, 29 rounds of live 9mm ammunition and a replica 9mm pistol.
Cops also seized drug scales and other paraphernalia.
Public Safety Commissioner David Chong commended the arrests saying "We believe they will have a positive effect on the close-knit community living in the Winbrook apartment complex. I applaud them and the neighborhood for showing no tolerance to this behavior."
Both suspects have been charged with two felony counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance.
They are expected to be arraigned later today in White Plains City Court.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters