- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Two Arrested in Yorktown Charged With Stealing Liquor With Children in Tow
Two White Plains women are under arrest after police say they stole several bottles of liquor from the Lakeland Liquor store January 6, while accompanied by three children.
Yorktown Police say the suspects, 32 year old Adreita Garces of White Plains, and 35 year old Normajean Wilke of White Plains, were charged with Petit Larceny for allegedly pilfering four bottles of liquor valued at $119.
The two were also charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Child. Police say the pair was accompanied by three young girls ages 8, 12 and 14.
The women were released on $500 bail. They are due back in Yorktown Court on February 8.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters