- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Westchester News Online -- what you're reading right now -- will cease publishing new stories as its Founder and Editor-in-Chief Sue Guzman has joined Main Street Connect as Managing Editor/Northern Westchester County.
Main Street Connect is a "national community news company," focused on "producing high-quality, local news and information, and sharing the voices of (their) readers with the community at large." Founded in December 2009, the company has had a runaway success with its digital news editions in the neighboring upscale Connecticut communities of Greenwich, Westport, Stamford, and Norwalk, among others.
Sue Guzman will be continuing as Westchester Bureau Chief for WHUD Radio, and maintaining the regular local headline updates on her Twitter feed.
Main Street Connect will be launching all of its Westchester editions on June 1.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters