- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
It may say spring on the calendar, but the weather's still stuck in winter mode in Westchester today. Snow has been falling since this morning with area roadways in Westchester County minimally affected. That's expected to change over the next 12 hours according to the National Weather Service.
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 a.m. Thursday. The forecast is calling for rain and snow before 9 p.m. tonight. Then rain, snow and sleet low 29. 2-4 inches of snow accumulation possible. Chance of rain, snow and sleet Thursday before noon, then a chance of rain hi 41. Many afterschool activities have been canceled by Westchester organizations and school districts due to the forecast.
In Peekskill, a Winter Parking Weather Alert will be in effect beginning at 8 p.m. tonight, until further notice. As a result, all overnight parking on non-Alternate side streets is prohibited. Motorists are cautioned to follow the posted signs.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters