- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Just hours after the funeral of his his estranged wife Tina Adovasio, the NYPD arrested former cop Eddy Coello at his home, his attorney confirmed.
Police have charged Coello with 2nd Degree Murder in the strangulation death of the 40 year old Adovasio.
Her body was discovered by a teenager riding an ATV in a wooded area of Yorktown Heights near the Taconic State Parkway last week. The Westchester County Medical Examiner's Office ruled her death homicide by strangulation.
Since then, Coello, her estranged husband, whom she was in the process of divorcing, has been holed up in an apartment in the Bronx. He was arrested around 2:30 p.m. Tuesday at the home at 2079 Wallace Avenue.
Funeral services for Adovasio were held at St. John the Evangelist Church in Mahopac. Adovasio, who worked as a maternity nurse at Sound Shore Medical Center in New Rochelle was laid to rest at Rose Hill Cemetery in Putnam Valley.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters