- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
The veteran Brooklyn police officer killed this morning while responding to a domestic dispute was a resident of Cortlandt Manor.
The NYPD says 42 year old Alain Schaberger of 133 Dogwood Road, Cortlandt responded to a report of a woman in distress around 4:30 a.m. Sunday at 334 Bergen Street who reported her boyfriend was threatening to kill her. Police also received a call from the security guard at the building. When Schaberger arrived, he got into a struggle with the suspect, 42 year old George Villanueva and was pushed over a stair rail and down a cement stairwell.
Cops say the suspect has a long history of domestic violence and that he had been arrested on February 4 and 9 and had a long rap sheet for robbery and burglary.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters