- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Federal Verdict White Plains
U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara and Yonkers Police Commissioner Edmund Hartnett have announced that three Yonkers men, Davon Young, Thomas Chambliss and Gregory Fuller were found guilty Friday night following a four week jury trial in White Plains Federal Court of murder,robbery,narcotics conspiracy, robbery conspiracy, firearms possession and witness tampering charges.
Said Bharara, "These three terrorized the citizens of Yonkers. They spread drugs and fear in their Yonkers neighborhood and ultimately committed a brutal murder to further their drug trafficking business."
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters