- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
White Plains Democratic Party
The calls continue for White Plains Mayor Adam Bradley to step down.
Tonight, the White Plains Democratic Committee approved a non-binding vote of no-confidence calling on him to resign after he was convicted of domestic abuse charges involving his wife Fumiko Bradley.
The panel voted 42-19 in favor of Bradley's ouster.
While the move is not binding, officials are hoping the no confidence vote will continue to put pressure on the convicted Mayor and at the same time send a message to the Governor, who, at this point, is the only one who is able to technically remove Bradley from office.
Earlier, the White Plains Common Council voted on a resolution calling for Bradley to step down. Bradley then refused, saying he is innocent and plans to appeal his conviction.
The members of the Common Council have written a letter to Governor Cuomo urging him to intervene and remove Bradley from office.
Other lawmakers have called for Bradley to resign, including Congresswoman Nita Lowey and longtime friend and Assemblywoman Amy Paulin.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters