- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Former State Senator Vincent Leibell is due in Federal Court in White Plains Monday where he's expected to plead guilty to corruption charges.
Last week, Leibell announced he will not take the oath of office as the new Putnam County Executive come January. He did not give a reason. Leibell also suddenly resigned from his State Senate Seat.
Leibell was spotted in White Plains on Friday where sources say he was working out details of a planned plea bargain agreement in which he will serve two years in prison in exchange for his guilty plea on money laundering, bribery and tax evasion charges.
Leibell is due in Federal Court in White Plains at 9:30 for what officials say is a proceeding relating to a public corruption matter. A news conference is slated for 12 noon.
Federal investigators were in Putnam County on at least two occasions this year. One was to serve a subpoena on the Town of Carmel seeking records related to legal services provided by the law firm Servino, Santangelo and Randazzo which had offices in Carmel, White Plains and Hawthorne. It later reformed with attorney Anthony Mangone as a partner.
Prosecutors say an attorney named in the bribery and corruption case of former Yonkers City Councilwoman Sandy Annabi today pleaded guilty to the charges in White Plains Federal Court.
Anthony Mangone pleaded guilty to conspiracy,bribery,extortion and tax evasion charges.
In January 2010, Mangone had been named in an indictment along with Annabi as well as the former head of the Yonkers Republican Party, Zehy Jereis.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters