- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
NY State Senate 37th District
The latest poll in the New York State Senate 37th District race finds Republican candidate Bob Cohen gaining ground on longtime State Senator Suzi Oppenheimer (D,WF).
The RNN-TV/Westchester County Association Poll taken by Iona College found Cohen closing in on Oppenheimer's lead from 10 to 6 percentage points since the previous poll that was taken October 13.
When asked whom they would vote for in the election, 48% of likely voters questioned said Oppenheimer, 42% said Cohen and 10% remain undecided.
Poll Coordinator with Iona College, Dr. Jeanne Zaino says "Given the margin of error of plus or minus 4% and the seeming trend of previously undecided voters moving towards cohen, we may wind up with closer race than first expected."
The poll included over 10,000 calls to registered voters on October 27.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters