- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
For the first time in nine days, Pleasantville Police are speaking out about the shooting death of Pace University football player Danroy "DJ" Henry.
Today, Pleasantville Police Chief Anthony Chiarlitti held a news conference denouncing allegations that the shooting of Henry by Pleasantville Police Officer Aaron Hess was racially motivated. Said Chiarlitti, "To characterize a man who honorably served his country as a United States marine and the Village of Pleasantville as a police officer for over ten years, as racially biased is inappropriate and irresponsible," adding, "And until someone demonstrates to my satisfaction that Officer Hess did something wrong, I will continue to fully support him."
Also today, officials with the U.S. Department of Justice and the FBI said they are monitoring the investigation into Henry's death and will review the case for possible civil rights violations "if appropriate." Henry's family has written U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore calling for a Justice Department investigation.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters