- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Democratic members of the Yonkers City Council today endorsed State Senator Andrea Stewart-Cousins (D-WF) in the 35th State Senate District race.
Yonkers City Council President Chuck Lesnick said "Senator Andrea Stewart-Cousins has long served the best interests of Yonkers residents and businessowners as a tireless leader and legislator," adding, "She has been a powerful advocate in our community providing funding for jobs, education and law enforcement. Her compassion for our city's elderly,youth and crime victims is well known."
City Council Majority Leader Patricia McDow echoed the sentiment saying, "It has been a privilege to work with Andrea to better our entire city and touch the lives of so many people."
Stewart-Cousins is facing a challenge by Republican Liam McLaughlin.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters