- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Mount Pleasant Police
A new unconfirmed report this afternoon says Pace University Student Danroy Henry was legally drunk when he was fatally shot by police who had responded to a bar brawl at a Thornwood bar.
WABC-TV Channel 7, New York is reporting that the 20 year old Pace University student had a blood alcohol level of .13 at the time of the shooting, well above the .08 legal limit.
Witnesses had told police Henry was the designated driver that night. Police say Henry was shot after they pulled over to his car, parked in a fire lane at a strip mall where Finnigan's Grill is located, and asked him to move. They claim Henry suddenly accelerated, slamming into one of the officers, tossing him onto the car's roof. Another officer was also clipped by the car, they say, and officers opened fire.
There have been conflicting eyewitness reports by some who say Henry didn't see the officer as he was pulling away and slammed on his brakes, trying to avoid him.
Mount Pleasant Police Chief Louis Alagno today promised a thorough investigation into yesterday's shooting death by police of a Pace University student during a wild disturbance outside Finnegan's Grill in Thornwood.
Alagno says the two officers were forced to shoot 20 year old Danroy Henry after he allegedly failed to stop his car and drove into the two cops, resulting in one of them being thrown onto the hood of Henry's vehicle.
Mount Pleasant Police say a man was shot and killed following a wild disturbance early this morning at Finnegans Grill at 1006 Broadway at the Town Center Shopping Center in Thornwood.
Officials say at 1:19 a.m., a Village of Pleasantville police officer observed a large, unruly group of patrons who had been gathering in front of the bar's parking lot and requested assistance.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters