- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
With just two days to go before election day, New York's Republican and Democratic gubernatorial candidates held rallies in Westchester on Sunday.
Former New York Governor George Pataki today endorsed Republican Greg Ball for Senate.
The 40th District State Senate race is a hotly contested one between Ball and Democratic Westchester County Legislator Michael Kaplowitz.
Former New York State Governor George Pataki has endorsed Westchester County Legislator Jim Maisano for New York State Supreme Court Justice. Maisano is running in the 9th Judicial District.
Said Pataki, "Jim is exactly the kind of justice we need-qualified, independent and experienced in dealing with complex issues. He will lead by a judicial philosophy that understands the proper role of the courts and the principles set forth in the law and our Constitution."
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters