- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
A coyote was sighted Tuesday in Yorktown.
The Yorktown Police Department's animal control unit was called in and responded to the Benjamin Franklin Elementary School where the coyote was spotted. School officials say they opted to bring the outdoor classes and activities indoors at Ben Franklin Elementary and Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School as a precaution as police were searching the area.
The coyote was not found.
School officials told parents that at no time were any students or staff members at risk. They say teachers, teachers aides and other school officials have been put on alert and plan to keep an eye out for the coyote.
Coyotes are typically nocturnal, but wildlife experts say it's not unusual to see them during daytime hours.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters