- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Nuclear Power Plants
Entergy Corporation, the parent company of the Indian Point nuclear power plants in Buchanan, today released a statement about the recent events in Japan.
The NRC today issued its final environmental impact statement for the renewal application of the Indian Point Nuclear Power plant. As part of its environmental review, the NRC held public hearings near the plant to discuss the review process, garnering more than 2,200 pages of public comments from members of the public, local officials, and repres
The drill was held and monitored by Federal officials at the County's emergency operations center in Hawthorne, where dozens of local, state and federal agencies are taking part in a drill simulating what would transpire should there be an emergency at the Indian Point Nuclear Power Plants.
Emergency response plans were reviewed for Westchester, Putnam, Orange and Rockland Counties as well as the plant's licensee, Entergy.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters