- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Police in Bedford are urging residents to lock their cars and secure their valuables after more than a dozen vehicles were broken into last week in the area of Whitlockville Road, Meadow Lane and Croton Lake Road.
Each of the larcenies involved unlocked cars, according to Police.
Officials say the thieves made off with wallets, purses, Ipods and GPS devices. Anyone who may have information is urged to call Bedford Police at (914) 241-3111.
Yonkers Police are searching for a vandal or vandals who spray painted swastikas on a building at 106 Lincoln Avenue.
Police say at least ten swastikas were found on the side wall of the house, the rear wall of the home, the rear retaining wall and on the floor of the patio. In addition, police say, patio furnishings which belonged to a former tenant were damage. Authorities estimate the damage occurred between 3 p.m. September 7 and the morning of September 12.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters