- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Westchester County Police today arrested a Massachussetts man after they allegedly found him with 120 pounds of marijuana in his possession during a traffic stop on the Bronx River Parkway in Greenburgh.
Police conducting a DWI enforcement checkpoint stopped the vehicle driven by 22 year old Damion Reid as he traveled in the southbound direction of the parkway shortly after 1 a.m..
A joint investigation into possible drug sales in Briarcliff Manor has led to the arrest of two men and the seizure of Heroin, Ecstasy, Cocaine and Ketamine. Officials say the drugs had a combined estimated street value of more than $8,000. $2500 cash was also confiscated.
For the past few months, Westchester County and Briarcliff Manor Police have been investigating reports of drug activity at a home in the village. On August 31, acting on a search warrant, County and village police raided the home at 57 Ridgecrest Road and arrested two people.
25 year old Ian T. Brown of Ridgecrest Road has been charged with Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance, a felony, Criminal Sale of Marijuana and Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance, misdemeanors.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters