- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Phelps Memorial Hospital
Eight people have been hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning after officials say they brought their barbecue grill inside their home.
After four months without a contract, Stellaris Health Network announced today that it has reached a new three year deal with Empire BlueCross BlueShield.
Details of the contract were not made public, but Stellaris spokesman, Geoff Thompson says the new contract will mean thousands of patients in Westchester County will again be able to use the hospitals, effective immediately. Stellaris health owns White Plains Hospital, Northern Westchester, Lawrence Hospital and Phelps Memorial Hospital Center. The previous contract expired April 1, leaving thousands of patients scrambling to find alternate means of in-network treatment.
Some encouraging news today in the ongoing contract dispute between four Westchester County hospitals and Empire BlueCross BlueShield. Greenburgh Town Supervisor Paul Feiner, who's been trying to broker a return to the bargaining table, today said he has word from Empire President Mark Wagar that the hospitals' parent company, Stellaris Health Network, has presented the insurer with a revised proposal that Wagar says "Signals a compromise."
Wagar went on to call it a positive development for Empire BlueCross BlueShield patients in Westchester.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters