- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Westchester Department of Social Services
With the planned retirement of two prominent Westchester County officials, County Executive Rob Astorino has named two Acting Commissioners.
Dr. Kunjlata Ashar has been named to serve as Acting Medical Examiner and Acting Commissioner of the Department of Labs and Research. She will replace Dr. Millard Hyland who held the job for the past 27 years. He is retiring August 13.
Dr. Grant Mitchell has been named Acting Commissioner of the Department of Social Services (DSS). He replaces Kevin Mahon, who's retiring July 29 after serving as DSS Commissioner for 12 years.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters