- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Operation Pressure Point
A 10 day joint drug sting with Westchester County Police and several municipal police departments has resulted in the arrests of 21 people and the seizure of more than a kilo of cocaine, a kilo of heroin, 11 pounds of marijuana and crack cocaine and prescription medications.
The initiative was the second phase of Operation Pressure Point, a stepped-up narcotics enforcment effort in which the Department of Public Safety partners with local police to combat drug dealing.
Westchester County is turning up the heat on drug traffickers. Its newly launched effort known as Operation Pressure Point kicked off a week ago, and already officials have seized two kilos of cocaine, a .50-caliber revolver and other handguns, more than $500,000 in cash and a quantity of heroin and marijuana.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters