- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
A 42 year old Peekskill man is under arrest charged with Petit Larceny this afternoon for allegedly stealing money from a donation box in the lobby of Assumption Church on First Street.
Police say the theft, which occurred on June 20, was discovered when an anonymous person alerted a church staff member that several donation envelopes had been left discarded in the church restroom.
Peekskill Police Lt. Eric Johansen says the staff member reviewed surveillance video, discovered the theft had been captured on camera and notified police. Detectives recognized the alleged suspect and arrested 42 year old Milton Ramos of Main Street. Ramos confessed to the theft and allegedly claimed he did so to support his crack cocaine habit.
Officials estimate $40 was stolen. Ramos is expected to be arraigned later today.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters