- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Rye Brook Woman Charged With DWI Under Leandra's Law After Taconic Crash
Another arrest for driving drunk with a kid in the car.
State Police say a Rye Brook woman was arrested on December 31 following a one car accident on the Taconic State Parkway in the Town of East Fishkill.
Troopers say they arrived on the scene to find 37 year old Suji Alexander-Raja of Rye Brook standing outside the vehicle with her 6 year old daughter after she apparently had gone off the roadway and struck a guiderail.
Police say they noticed a strong odor of alcohol on her breath and after she allegedly failed field sobriety tests was found to have a blood alcohol level (BAC) of .32%-four times the legal limit.
Alexander-Raja was charged with Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated, Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated under Leandra's Law and unsafe lane change. She was arraigned in the Town of East Fishkill Court and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 bond.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters