- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Prosecutors: Treasurer of Yonkers Fire Officers Union Charged With Grand Larceny
The former treasurer of the Uniformed Fire Officers Association of the Yonkers Fire Department has been charged with 2nd Degree Grand Larceny after allegedly stealing nearly $100,000 from the Union's General Fund.
It's alleged that between August 1, 2007 and September 30, 2008,46 year old Kai Irwin of Candlewood Drive , who was the Secretary-Treasurer of the UFOA, stole $97,000 from the Union's General Fund.
Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore says Irwin, a Lieutenant in the Yonkers Fire Department, had signatory authority for the fund and stole the money by making counter withdrawls, debit card withdrawls and ATM withdrawls from the fund without permission or authority from the union or its membership.
The larceny and financial discrepancies were discovered when a new Secretary-Treasurer took over the position in 2010.
Irwin was released on his own recognizance and is due back in court on March 3. He faces a maximum of 15 years in state prison if found guilty.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters