- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Post-Blizzard Outages Persist
Utility companies are busy today trying to restore power to the hundreds of customers left in the dark due to the Boxing Day blizzard of 2010. NYSEG is reporting it has restored power to more than 9,000 customers in Northern Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess Counties. About 500 remain without electricity, primarily in the towns of Lewisboro,Pound Ridge, Putnam Valley and Somers.
The utility says most customers will have power restored today, but some customers may not have power restored until early Wednesday.
Con Edison says it's making good progress restoring its customers who were left without power due to the blizzard. As of 2 p.m., the utility says it has whittled its numbers down to 145. Outages remain in the village and town of Mamaroneck, Peekskill, Yorktown, Cortlandt and Scarsdale. Con Ed says the remainder of the outages should be restored by 6 p.m. tonight.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters