- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Peekskill Police: Don't Even Think of Drinking and Driving
The city of Peekskill Police Department is out with a warning for City residents: Don't even think of drinking and driving.
Peekskill Police Lt. Eric Johansen announced today that the Peekskill PD will be conducting extra patrols throughout the New Year's Holiday targeting motorists who are under the influence of alcohol and/or have their abilities impaired by drugs.
The special patrols are funded by a grant received from the Westchester County Stop DWI Program and will include roving, not fixed, police patrols throughout the weekend.
Johansen reminds motorists that DUI convictions come with hefty fines, increased insurance costs, loss of driving privileges and possible jail sentences. A conservative estimate, he says, for a first-time DUI offense is $10,000 and that does not include any civil penalties for those who are injured or killed.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters