- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Pace University Student Dies From Seizure
Students, faculty and family are mourning the death of a Pace University Student who died at the University's Pleasantville campus Wednesday night.
A spokesman for the University says friends of 25 year old Luke Arneson of Walden found him in his room as he was having the seizure around 5 p.m. Wednesday evening. He was pronounced dead a short time later.
Officials say Arneson suffered from epilepsy. He was a former marine who had served in Iraq. Students at Pace say they're hoping to hold a memorial for the well-liked student on campus.
Arneson's death comes less than two months after the death of another Pace University student, 20 year old Danroy Henry, who was shot by police outside a bar in Thornwood. The circumstances of his death are still under investigation.
(Luke Arneson and unidentified female friend in Facebook photo)
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters