- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Owner of Bedford Hills Therapy Company Pleads Guilty to Grand Larceny
A Westport,CT woman, who owned and operated Care Point Services Inc. in Bedford Hills, has pled guilty to stealing more than $50,000 from the Westchester County Health Department by fraudulently billing the County for occupational and physical therapy services performed by unlicensed therapists.
38 year old Lisa Bruno also intentionally submitted duplicate bills for OT and PT therapy services and received $852,425 in public funds from the Westchester County Health Department to which she was not entitled.
As a result of her guilty plea,Bruno agreed to pay restitution of up to $852,000. $357,000 of that must be paid at sentencing and the remainder will be paid through the Department of Probation.
Bruno faces 5-15 years in State Prison when sentenced on June 23.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters