- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Ossining Mother Arrested For DWI With Kids In Car
State Police say an Ossining woman was arrested for DWI under Leandra's Law following a one car accident Saturday on the Taconic State Parkway in the Town of East Fishkill. Troopers say 40 year old Patricia Castellano's car ran off the roadway and struck a guiderail.
Responding officers said they noticed a strong odor of alcohol on Castellano's breath. They also say an 8 year old and 10 year old girl in the back of the vehicle were not wearing seatbelts.
Troopers say they confiscated several prescription medications from Castellano, who had no prescription for the pills. She submitted to a blood test at St. Francis Hospital.
Castellano was charged with two felony counts of Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated under "Leandra's Law," Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance, Disorderly Conduct, Unsafe Lane Change and two child restraint violations.
Castellano was arraigned in the Town of East Fishkill Court and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $5000 cash bail or $10000 bond.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters