- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Shortly after Robert Castelli was pronounced the winner in the 89th
Assembly District race over his Democratic opponent, Westchester County
Legislator Peter Harkham, last night, I was lucky enough to have
overheard the conversation between the two men as Harkham conceded.
Castelli promised Harkham that he will work in a bi-partisan way, across
the political aisle, as he put it, to represent Westchester up in
Albany...saying "at the end of the day we all represent the same people. "
Oh... and the bet the two men had made during the short 33 day campaign
trail has been settled as well. Dinner is on the winner, Bob
Castelli...which he says he hopes to fulfill with Harkham within a week.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters