- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Greenburgh Man Killed in Motorcycle Crash
A motorcyclist was killed Sunday afternoon after his motorcycle collided with a car on Dobbs Ferry Road. Police say the accident happened around 5 p.m. as the motorcycle was traveling straight on route 100B. A car, described as a white Toyota, struck him as it attempted to make a left turn onto the southbound Sprain Brook Parkway.
The injured man was transported to Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla where he was pronounced dead. He has not been identified. No one in the passenger vehicle was injured.Officials are not saying who was at fault, but they say alcohol was probably not a factor.
Route 100B was closed for several hours while police investigated.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters