- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
New Rochelle Man Admits Shooting Wife
A former pharmacist from New Rochelle has pleaded guilty to shooting his wife to death in their New Rochelle home last year.
78 year old Paul Weinstein, who worked for years as the pharmacist at R&R Pharmacy in Mamaroneck, pleaded guilty today to first degree manslaughter for the September 23 shooting death of his wife, Helena. Weinstein originally told police it was a mercy killing, since his wife had been seriously ill. He later admitted shooting her following an argument at their home at 35 Maple Avenue.
In exchange for the guilty plea, Acting State Supreme Court Justice Richard Molea says Weinstein will be sentenced to 8 years in prison when he's sentenced August 3.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters