- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Police: Peekskill Man Extremely Critical in Gang Violence Attack
Peekskill Police are investigating what they way was a gang-related attack of a 39 year old Peekskill resident that occurred around 1:45 a.m. on May 15. Police say the brutal attack occurred in front of the victim's home on Nelson Avenue. Police Chief Eugene Tumolo says the attack was without provocation and resulted in severe head injuries and a significant loss of blood.
The victim, who has not been identified, was taken to Westchester Medical Center for treatment of his injuries. Under arrest are 18 year old Keith Walker and 23 year old Jarron Sligh, both of Peekskill. They were charged with First Degree Gang Assault and are being held without bail at the Westchester County jail . Police say more arrests are imminent in the case.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters