- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Con Edison Tree Cutter From Buchanan Killed in Yorktown
Police are investigating the death of a tree cutter who was killed Thursday morning while trimming trees for Con Edison in Yorktown.
Yorktown Police spokesman Lt. Kevin Soravilla says the worker has been identified as 34 year old John Burke of Buchanan, who worked for the Asplundh tree removal company, was in the turck bucket trimming trees on Route 132 and Wren Place when he was killed.
He was transported to Hudson Valley Hospital Center in Cortlandt where he was pronounced dead.
Lt. Soravilla says the body has been taken to the Westchester County Medical Examiner's office to determine an exact cause of death.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters