- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Assemblyman Castelli Calls for MTA Forensic Audit Results
Newly elected Westchester Assemblyman Robert Castelli (R,I,C Goldens Bridge) was joined by several Assembly colleagues Monday to once again call on State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli to conduct a forensic audit of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority and for the results to be made public.
Shortly before the news conference, officials with DiNapoli's office notified Castelli that his office has been conducting such audits of the MTA over the past 12 months and has identified various areas of cost savings.
The Westchester Assemblyman called on DiNapoli to release the findings.
Said Castelli, "If the Comptroller's office has the ammunition needed to help solve some of the problems at the MTA, then he needs to share those with lawmakers and MTA Chairman Jay Walder." He adds, "Westchester County should not have been forced to pay the MTA payroll tax before a full audit was ever conducted."
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters