- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
White Plains Mayor Due in Court, Sources Say He May Resign
Embattled White Plains Mayor Adam Bradley is due in Westchester County Court Monday morning. He is facing a total of 9 charges, including two that allege he assaulted his wife, Fumiko. One stems from an incident in February when he allegedly slammed her hand in a door, another in January, when he's accused of throwing hot tea on her.
Last week, Mayor Bradley was slapped with additional charges including witness tampering and harassment, after he allegedly tried to force his wife to recant the allegations. Several members of the White Plains Common Council have indicated they feel the mayor should step down. Under the City's Charter, the panel could vote for his ouster.
Last night, a spokeswoman for the Mayor said he had "No plans to resign." If the mayor does step down, the City Council President would serve as acting Mayor and a special election would be held.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters