- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Feds Say Driver Error is to Blame For Toyota Crash in Harrison
Technicians from Toyota and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration are now saying it appears driver error was behind last week's crash of a Toyota Prius in Harrison in which a woman's car ended up colliding with a stone wall. The housekeeper driving the car on March 9 told police the car accelerated on its own as she backed out of her boss' driveway.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) examined the vehicle on Wednesday and dowloaded information from the car's "black box" which records the state of the car at the time of impact.
The NHTSA says the data indicate that the throttle was open at the time of impact and the driver was not applying the brakes.
Shortly before the crash, Toyota recalled 8 million cars over gas pedals that got stuck due to floormats amid reports of cars affected by sudden acceleration.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters