- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Donahue Unseated in Buchanan
There was a big upset in the village of Buchanan where residents elected Democratic trustee, Sean Murray over incumbent Al Donahue by a nearly 2-1 margin. The final tally was 410-214. The mayor's job pays $6,500 a year and the position is for a two year term. Democratic trustee candidates were also victorious in village elections in Buchanan.
In Croton-on-Hudson, former Mayor Greg Schmidt made a return to politics. The Republican managed to win a trustee seat on the village board.
Other races in Westchester including Briarcliff Manor, Larchmont, Irvington, Hastings-on-Hudson, Pleasantville, Tarrytown, Scarsdale, Sleepy Hollow and Pelham Manor were uncontested.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters