- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Peekskill Man Found Guilty of Attempted Rape
A jury has found a Peekskill man guilty of first degree attempted rape in connection with an attack on a woman on June 9, 2009.
Officials say the attack occurred after 51 year old Cesar Urbina of Hemlock Circle approached his neighbor's apartment claiming he was locked out of his mother's home. The victim offered him a place to stay, and officials say it was then that Urbina grabbed the woman from behind, placed his hand over her mouth, put a kitchen knife to her throat, and warned the victim not to make any noise. The woman begged him to stop the assault, and he did.
He was arrested by members of the Peekskill Police Department after the victim reported the incident. Sentencing is set for May 21. As a persistent violent felony offender, Urbina faces a maximum of life in State Prison. Urbina also has a pending case in NY County where he allegedly tried to rape his grandmother's home health aide.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters