- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Con Ed: Could Take a Good Part of the Week to Restore Power
Con Edison is dealing with the aftermath of a massive Nor'Easter that has left tens of thousands of people in Westchester without power. The heavy rains and winds took down hundreds of trees and power lines and the utility is estimating that cleanup and power restoration could take several days.
As of 10 a.m. Monday, nearly 67.000 customers were without electricity. Yonkers, Mount Vernon, Greenburgh, Scarsdale, Harrison, New Rochelle and Rye were particularly hard hit.
The utility says it is bringing in crews from Ohio, Pennsylvania,Massachussetts and Georgia to help with the power restoration and cleanup.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters