- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
It has been a brutal weekend for so many residents of Westchester who were just coming up for air from the last storm! More than 60 thousand customers are without power tonight.
Con Edison now says it may take a good part of the week to restore everyone! They're bringing in crews from out of state; Ohio, Pennsylvania and Georgia to help with the cleanup and restoration. Greenburgh Town Supervisor Paul Feiner described his town to me tonight as a "warzone" and says this storm is hands down the WORST in recent memory.
The storm had a tragic ending for an Auburn man, who was killed when a massive tree crashed down on his car and caught fire as it took down live power lines. His wife miraculously survived.
A Mount Vernon woman traveling from northern Westchester to her city Saturday night says it was terrifying as trees literally BOWED over the Sprain Brook Parkway onto lanes of traffic. Houses have been crushed, cars trashed,people living in survival mode, again. A bunch of schools have had to close for Monday due to power outages or obstacle courses that prevent buses from safely transporting children to school.
Westchester is WEARY and worn out!
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters