- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
New Rochelle Cop Arrested for DWI
A New Rochelle police officer has been suspended without pay following an early morning drunk driving accident on the Hutchinson River Parkway in Pelham. Westchester County police say 29-year-old Jamillah Blair, a New Rochelle resident, is facing charges of DWI and leaving the scene of an accident. Detectives say a northbound motorist collided head-on with a stopped car, facing the wrong way on the parkway near Wolfs Lane at 3:13 a.m. today. Police say Blair fled the scene on foot. When police contacted the empty vehicle's owner, they discovered it belonged to Blair's mother. The off-duty officer was arrested in New Rochelle about an hour after the accident. The other driver involved was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Blair is due to appear in Pelham Town Court on March 11th.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters