- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Hudson Valley Hospital Center Unveils New Surgery Center
Hudson Valley Hospital Center has taken the wraps off its new 9,800 square foot surgery center that includes two new state-of-the-art operating rooms and a bigger and brighter recovery area, also know as the Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU).
The new operating rooms are nearly 50% larger than typical OR's and are designed to accomodate larger equipment for minimally invasive procedures, including most laparoscopic and orthopedic surgeries such as hip resurfacing and joint replacement.
The new OR's will also offer surgeons High Definition video and easier to maneuver storage booms for surgical equipment. Hospital President John Federspiel says the new Surgery center is the culmination of 8 years of planning and construction. It is located on the second floor of the new North Building of the hospital that was constructed late last year as part of the hospital's $100 million renovation and expansion. The cornerstone of the project, the new 4-story patient tower at Hudson Valley Hospital Center, is set to open in June.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters