- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Mother Charged with Student's Murder
Police have arrested the mother of a Manhattanville College student and charged her with Second Degree Murder in the killing of her daughter, 18 year old Marissa Pagli. Acting Harrison Police Chief Anthony Marraccini says investigators believe 37 year old Stacey Pagli strangled Marissa around 9 a.m. Monday and then tried to take her own life by hanging herself. Officials do not believe the teenager was asleep when she was killed. Marraccini refused to speculate on a possible motive.
A wake for Marissa Pagli is planned for Thursday at Craft Memorial Funeral Home in Port Chester. A funeral mass is set for Friday at 11 a.m. at ST. Anthony of Padua Church in Harrison.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters