- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Westchester County Legislator says He Has No Plans to Step Down
Westchester County Legislator Gordon Burrows (R-Yonkers) is now commenting publicly for the first time since his arrest on misdemeanor cocaine posession charges in upstate Queensbury, NY. He calls the situation an "unfortunate isolated incident, a family matter" and says he has no plans to step down.
Burrows says while he "placed himself in an embarassing situation," he's asking his constituents to forgive him and allow him to continue serving them. Burrows and 52 year old Timothy Cacace of Yonkers were arrested February 5 at a Mobil Gas Station in Warren County. The Sheriff's Department says the two were arrested on 7th Degree Drug posession charges after the cops allegedly discovered a small amount of cocaine in their car. The two were reportedly en route to a skiing trip to Killington, VT at the time of their arrest. Cacace and Burrows are due back in Queensbury Court on March 1 to answer to the charges. Burrows has been a Westchester County legislator since 2005. Before that, he served as a Yonkers City Councilman.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters