- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Greg Ball Calls for Tax Revolt in Yorktown
Assemblyman Greg Ball (R, C, I - Patterson) was in Yorktown yesterday urging school districts, local governments, non-profit organizations and small businesses to join him in the first step for a historic Tax Revolt he's planning to protest the so-called MTA Payroll tax.
The Assemblyman is asking those affected by the tax to fill out a symbolic check with the amount they have to pay toward the MTA bailout and then bring it with them to a planned rally on April 15th.
Ball called the tax "onerous," adding "We want his payroll tax recinded. Period, end of story."
The "checks" he says, are available on his website, AuditTheMTA.com.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters